1/28/22: The fate of Sera Varse and the PQ Universe
Recent Story developments and theories -LilNasXChipmunk
Recap of last time: A team of researchers was sent down to the surface of Mimir to investigate a large crystal jutting out of its surface near a pretty sizeable cave system, and when researchers tried to shock it with a quantum pulse, the nearby fauna grew uncharacteristically aggressive and overwhelmed the crew, which is now stranded inside the cave with who knows how many survivors left. We have sent a rescue team into the cave and are awaiting the results of the investigation to make our next decision.
What we know about the crystal:
- The crystal is part of a system. Of what? We don’t know.
- The natural Fauna has still not calmed down and is in the process of destroying the crystal and the surrounding land, which means our choice to send in the rescue team might have cost us the crystal, but that sacrifice had to be made.
- The crystal seems to be influencing the fauna in a way and is rich with quantum deposits.
What we know about the team members found by the rescue team
- A trail of beacons was left going into the cave, and two members were stationed at the furthest beacon to act as a waypoint for reinforcements.
- The “Whispers” being heard has an effect on the mental state of the humans on Mimir, and the rescue team has begun to experience this. Both of the members from the existing search team have been affected by this and one cannot speak at all, with the other being scarred and unable to communicate much either. This seems to have begun to affect Sera as well as seen from the transmission.
Theories and possible outcomes
Best case scenario? Well, we know so far that Sera Varse and a majority of her remaining crew have ventured deeper into the cave, and that they are searching for the cause of the signal. A best-case scenario would be when Sera Varse finds whatever she is looking for, and the rescue team will meet up with her and then safely get out of the cave and return to the Universe Council with the information needed to take the next steps.
In terms of what information she could have gotten, it could be anything ranging from new fauna types, quantum deposits and, resource acquisition methods for the Council to increase their power, or the original goal, finding the source of the signal of the crystal and the potential power contained within it.
While we are on extremes, might as well visit the more unpleasant side of things. With the worst-case situation, Sera Varse dies and her team is decimated by whatever is out there, making the rescue expedition useless right? Oh, but it is so much deeper than that. Sera Varse and her team dying is just the start. The Qyllit animals would have destroyed the crystal, which would end whatever reconnaissance the Universe Council had going for that. Fauna would have gotten more and more aggressive and the whispers only get louder. We would have to leave Mimir as a whole as it just wouldn’t be possible to have us visiting it and have more people potentially die, therefore making this whole thing a flop.
While we know a lot of information, there is a lot of unknown factors involved that could tip the scales almost anywhere. For starters, we know that the Qyllits are attacking the crystal and could potentially destroy it, but what then? For all we know the crystal could explode blowing up the whole planet, and we would have to wait to get the answer to that question. We also don’t know what the whispers are about. It seems to be driving some of the crew insane but it could be beckoning them to anything. Hopefully, it is to the core of the signal and not their imminent deaths but once again something that we need to wait in order to uncover more about.
While this weeks story developments don’t include outer space warfare and sabotaging pirate leaders, it is just as important as ever as the choices we make can change the way we look at Mimir as a whole in the coming weeks. May the Universe Council always make the best choices, and Long Live the Empire.
Learn more about PlanetQuest here: https://medium.com/@planetquestgame
If you want to support me signing up then here’s a referral link :) you get a free Insignia NFT as well.